Last modified – January 13, 2017
- What information we collect
- How we use that information.
At any time if you have questions about this policy, please contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services and support to all of our users. We collect information in the following ways:
- Account Information you give us..
- Personal Information. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Hoptree Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card to store with your account
- Company Information. When signing up for Hoptree, you also will be asked for company information such as URL, logo, and name of the company.
- Usage Information. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like customer contact information or messages you sent them. This information includes:
- Device information (for example, an iPhone 6S using iOS10.1 and Safari)
- Actions Taken (how you interact with our services)
- Location Information (where you are when you take an action)
- Other’s Personal information (for example the name, email, telephone, address of a customer)
- Content you create and collect (for example messages you send and receive)
- Support information
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Hoptree and our users. We also use this information to offer you new features.
The personal information you provide us with your account will never be displayed outside of our website. We will provide others that information only to transact the business needed for our services or if we are required to do so legally. For example, your personal information will need to be passed to our credit card gateway for transacting business.
Occasionally, we may have other services and opportunities that make sense for us to connect with you regarding whether you are interested in those. We commit to always allow you to opt out of any such communications. We commit that your contact information will never be sold for marketing purposes.
Your company information may be visible and unintentionally may be found by others outside of Monkey Bread and your company. It is not our intention to make this URL (e.g. acme.hoptree.co) available by search to others. We will not advertise publicly your company using Hoptree without express written permission. Your company name and logo may be made available internally.
In general, usage information will only be used internally within Monkey Bread to create new features, support the product, secure the product, and make it better for yourself and others.
We commit at Monkey Bread to never intentionally making Other’s Personal information (such as customer or staff information you have entered) or any of the content you created to be available except when required to do so legally.
Some information may be useful to provide externally when describing our services. This information will only be displayed/shown in a large collection of usage and never available at an individual level. This includes device information, location information, or actions taken. If these are provided, we will make significant efforts to ensure this data does not identify any one customer. For example, we may show we have users in Boston by placing a pin at the center of Boston rather than at the specific location we have seen usage in Boston.
Finally, support information is very valuable often to our other customers. If we find an issue through supporting your usage of Hoptree, we may choose to scrub the personally identifiable information and use that interaction to help other users learn more about the usage of Hoptree. For example, if you ask a question that is common like “how do I change my domain name” – we may use your comments or questions and change personally identifiable information like your domain to “acme.hoptree.co” instead. This allows us to build a knowledge base of common questions and answers without sharing any of your personal information.